THE MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION OF LOGICSPORT FOOTBALL ACADEMY
Logicsport football academy is here to offer underprivileged children who are drawn from a background of extreme poverty, the opportunity to reach their true potential in life through sports and education. We are here to ensure that these children are motivated, nurtured and empowered to reach their true potential, in making meaningful and lifelong contributions to their community and country.
MISSION OF THE FOOTBALL ACADEMY
The mission of the football academy is to promote and participate in football development programmes within the country and beyond our borders, and the attainment of professionalism in the educative and football sector.
NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE FOOTBALL ACADEMY
The name of the football academy shall be Logicsport Football Academy and its address is at Bijilo, KSMD, The Gambia, West Africa.
- President – Mr
- Secretary – Mr
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE FOOTBALL ACADEMY
- To actively promote the participation of youths in the country in nation building, through sports and education.
- We aim to develop critical engaging minds, capable of achieving academic success and understanding it’s application to life beyond the classroom.
- The academic students are challenged to excel and make the most of their opportunity, providing them with the foundation to fulfill their potential, on and off the pitch.
- Education is the heart of Logicsport Football Academy.
- The education provision is tailored to support the individual needs of each student.
- To inculcate and nurture good attitudes, sense of ability, discipline and commitment.
To work collectively with the Ministry Of Youths And Sports, Gambia Football Federation, National Sports Council, NGO’s, Parastatals and private sectors on the football development consortium nationally and internationally.
The minimum qualification requirement for entry into the academy is to be an E student on average.
Admission is totally free.
The co-values of Logicsport Football Academy are;
- Social Intelligence
- Give Back
COMPOSITION OF THE EXECUTIVE BODY
The executive committee shall me comprised of the following;
- Vice President
- General Manager
- Secretary General
- Internal Auditor
- Social Secretary
- Public Relations Officer
- Program Coordinator
OVERALL FUNCTIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE
- To uphold and enforce the constitution of the club.
- To initiate and undertake in all activities that will strengthen the aims and objectives of the academy.
- To execute disciplinary actions against members, if they fail to abide by the rules and regulations of the academy.
- To identify, plan and manage the academy’s programmes and activities.
- To inform all members of the academy of decisions taken by the executive body or relevant information gathered.
- To perform their individual responsibilities.
INDIVIDUAL FUNCTIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE
THE PRESIDENT OF THE ACADEMY
- The President shall preside over all academy matters and meetings.
- Shall encourage committee members and seek mutual understanding among them.
- Shall represent the academy in external meetings when required.
- Shall be responsible for call and preside over all meetings either internally or externally.
- Shall facilitate maximum participation of all stakeholders in all meetings.
- All information pertaining to the association must first be channeled through the president.
- Shall maintain good relations with the local and national sports associations and organizations and other development partners.
- Shall support consistency and be a bright example.
- Shall use dialogue to resolve objections and its related issues.
- Shall delegate responsibilities and promote teamwork, permitting the sharing of ideas and work together on a balanced programme.
- Shall be responsible to the concerns of members of the academy.
THE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE ACADEMY
The Vice President of the academy shall assume the full position of the President in his/her absence, and work hand-in-hand with the executive and general body.
Shall also have the responsibility to procure for all necessary materials needed for operations.
THE GENERAL MANAGER OF THE ACADEMY
- Shall be a member of the academy and of qualities suitable for this post.
- Shall see the day to day activities of the academy.
- Shall be a signatory to the academy’s account along with the secretary and the treasurer.
THE SECRETARY GENERAL OF THE ACADEMY
- Shall be a member of the academy and of qualities suitable for this post.
- Shall take down minutes for all executive committee and general body meetings of the academy.
- Shall prepare the agenda for all meetings and other programmes connected with the academy, in consultation with the president.
- Shall handle all correspondence of the academy.
- Shall be a signatory to the academy’s account along with the manager and the treasurer.
THE TREASURER OF THE ACADEMY
- Shall be responsible for collecting and managing the funds of the academy, other contributions and ensure the safe keeping of all funds in the academy’s account.
- Shall be responsible upkeeping, recording and accounting of all the financial transactions of the academy.
- Shall operate the bank account of the academy together with two (2) as co-signatories. Any two among the three of them will be authorizing signatories for all payments or withdrawal from the bank account. All signatories will have the mandate to sign for any amount.
- Shall be responsible for the preparation of the academy’s annual financial statements.
- Shall be a signatory to the academy’s account alongside the president and the secretary.
- Shall be responsible for answering to Audit Findings.
- Shall be a signatory to the academy’s account, alongside the secretary and the manager.
THE INTERNAL AUDITOR OF THE ACADEMY
- Shall be responsible for auditing all accounts of the academy.
- Shall be reporting the findings to the executive body and the general body for action.
THE SOCIAL SECRETARY OF THE ACADEMY
Shall be responsible for all social matters that shall bring progress to the academy, including settlement of disputes within members and networking with partners.
THE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER OF THE ACADEMY
Shall be responsible for managing all the information and image of the academy, including media and other media platforms.
THE PROGRAMME COORDINATOR OF THE ACADEMY
Shall be responsible for the coordination of all programmes and activities of the academy.
Shall be responsible for advising the academy on its activities and engagements.
- All decisions and recommendations made must be communicated to the general as soon as possible.
- The President shall preside over all meetings.
Admission into the academy is totally free upon fulfilling the requirement of being an E student on average.
PENALTIES AND DISCIPLINE
- If any member is found to be behaving in a way inconsistent of the rules and regulations of the academy, he/she shall be subjected to disciplinary action after appropriate warning.
- Failure to discharge duties shall result to disciplinary action taken against the person.
- Behavior in a manner contrary to the constitution of the academy shall a disciplinary action to be determined by the members of the executive body.
- A disciplinary action shall be put in place for missing a training session or coming in late for training, without any genuine reason for your absence or lateness.
- Any member who interrupts a meeting through disorderly conduct shall be asked to leave the meeting and failure to do so shall result to suspension from the academy for a period of time to be determined by the executive body.
- Absent from meetings without a genuine reason and permission shall result to a disciplinary action against the individual to be determined by the executive body.
AMENDMENT OF THE CONSTITUTION
The constitution may require amendment. Any amendments to the constitution shall be subjected to approval by two-third (2/3) majority of the executive body.
The executive members and general members of the academy should access the memorandum of the association, in order to familiarize themselves with issues contained in the document, so as to avoid duplication of functions and mistakes.
STAFF SERVICE RULES AND CODE OF CONDUCT
The Logicsport Football Academy will be governed by the staff service rules and code of conduct of the association.
The memorandum shall be dissolved if two-third (2/3) of the members file in the motion of dissolution and provided three-quarter (3/4) of the executive body vote in favour, the decision shall be carried.
All resources accrued by the academy, donations and support services from partners, are properties of the academy and must be accounted for at any time deemed necessary.